Thai this 'Rad' Curry Soup
Don’t you just love a good curry? It’s comforting, has a nice spicy kick and so flavourful! Red curry is one of my favourites. This week’s recipe play is a mix of chicken (can sub with tofu), veggies and udon noodles. Udon know what ya missing until you try this!
- 1 inch of ginger minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Green onions, chopped. 1 for garnish, 1 for cooking
- 3 Garlic cloves chopped
- 3 Chicken thighs (or chicken breast) cut into cubes / For veggie version substitute with firm tofu and cut into cubes
- 6 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 can of coconut coconut milk
- 1 lt Chicken broth / Veggie broth
- Pack of frozen veggies (you can use fresh): water chestnut, snap peas, broccoli, carrot
- Coconut oil
- Udon noodles (or rice/noodle of choice)
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat a large pot in medium. Once warm add in coconut oil. Add in the onion, garlic and green onion. Cool until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add in chicken (or tofu). Stir and cook for about 5 min. Add in 2 tbsps of the red curry paste and cook for another 2 min. Season with salt
- Then add in broth, veggies, remaining 4 tbsps of the red curry and turn up the heat until it boils. Once it starts boiling, turn heat to low. Add coconut milk and simmer for 10 min
- While soup is simmering, cook udon noodles according to package instructions.
- Add noodles to bowl, scoop in the soup and serve with freshly chopped green onion and cilantro if using. Enjoy :)