Kale & Sausage Lasagna
This lasagna can be made vegan. Instead of actual sausages you can use tofurky or any other brand you like. Chop it in pieces before stir frying. The cheese I used here is daiya!
6 handfuls of kale (stems removed). Washed and chopped
6 Italian sausages, removed from casing
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup of mushrooms
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 jars of tomato sauce
1-2 bags of mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp italian seasoning
Lasagna noodles (mine were bake ready)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºC
- In a large saucepan, heat in medium and add oil. Once oil is warm stir in the onion and garlic until brown
- Then stir in the mushroom with italian seasoning
- Add in sausage and start cooking it through, flipping and stirring to make sure it's cooking evenly for about 5 minutes. Make sure the meat is close to minced. The less chunky the better
- Stir in the kale, mix it well and cook covered for around 2 min just to steam it a little bit. Uncover and keep stirring around until cooked
- Next, pour one jar of tomato sauce into saucepan and stir around
- Now the fun part starts! Using second jar of tomato sauce, pour in a little bit on your baking pan. As a base for noodles to sit in.
- Next add in noodles however they fit best. In my case I added 3 horizontally and one vertical for the bottom (broken lasagna noodle to fit haha)
- Top with sausage kale mix (use about 1/3 of it)
- Sprinkle some cheese and repeat until lasagna is done! Around 3 layers. Finish with lasagna noodles, add rest of tomato sauce and lots of cheese!
- Bake for 30 min until golden