Kale Carrot & PB Dressing
I’ve never ever tried kale before and after continuously reading it’s benefits from so many different sources, I finally decided to give it a try. So here’s my first kale dish!
Taken from the vegan recipe book “Skinny Bitch by Kim Barnouin"
If you have peanut butter allergy, you can substitute with almond butter :)
- 1 large bunch of kale with hard spine removed and chopped
- 1 carrot julienned
- ½ cup (130gr) of peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) of water
- 2 tablespoons of tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnished
Fill a steamer basket with the kale and carrot and steam over an inch of boiling water in a medium saucepan until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter (It’s better to heat it up in the microwave for approximately 15 seconds to mix it better), water, tamari, rice vinegar and agave nectar. Toss the vegetables with the dressing until well combined. Garnished with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.