Black Bean Burger
Been trying different veggie burgers recipe for a while, this is one of my favorites! So simple and full of nutrition and flavour! The recipe is inspired from food52.com user Gena Hamshaw and made some modifications:
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cans of black beans
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- black paper to taste
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 3 tbsp of flax seed
- 1/3 cup of wheat germ
- ¾ cup of thawed mixed veggies (corn, green beans, carrot)
- First sauté onion and garlic with some oil until golden, then add 1 can of the black beans along with the spices and stir until warm.
- Then in a food processor add the oats, flax seed, wheat germ and pulse for a few times. Add in the sauté mix and process everything together until it’s well combined. Transfer mixture to a big bowl and add the remaining brand with the thaw veggies.
- Mix with hands. If mix is too dry add some olive oil, if it’s too mushy add some more oats or wheat germ. Then shape mixture into patties, depending on thickened it aims to around 5-7 burgers.
- Finally you can pan fry them until golden on each side, bake or take them to the grill!